Wimbledon
Gday Everyone, my apologies for being so crap and not putting anything up here for ages. Unfortunately I decided to hit the job hunting circuit pretty hard this week and have spent the last three days fixing up my CV and meeting with Recruiting Agencies and stuff. I hope something comes out of this because it seems harder to find work compared to actually doing a job!!!
So enough complaining. Life isn't all bad, because on Sunday I headed in to Wimbledon! It was pretty cool, and for some reason it was extra cheap this year on the final day. I got in for 5 quid... bargain!! (compared to 13 quid earlier in the week). That ticket only got me onto the outside courts, so I wasn't going to see any of the big matches in person, but it's still cool.

The actual complex is really awesome with the outside courts actually being VERY tiny. There's like the tennis court itself, then next to it a path about 8 people wide, with benches along the sides. So literally when people are playing, you are standing _right_ next to them. I was lucky enough to rock up at the time when both Federer and Nadal were warming up, so I scored a real close look. Nadal is pretty big for a tennis player, really well muscled (check the guns out) and solid. In contrast, Federer is much more wiry and seems to move more gracefully around court.


So after the hit out, they started official play for the day. The Wheelchair Tennis Doubles Finals were on, and they were cool. Although the players get two bounces of the ball, everything else is that same and they can still do all the techy backhands and forehands etc. They seem to bend their elbow almost the wrong way sometimes to do it. It was a lot of fun and you could see they were having an awesome time playing out there.


All that was then left was to climb Henman Hill, stake out a spot at the very top and watch Federer and Nadal 'have at it' on the big screen. The Hill is a great atmosphere and enjoyed it a lot. I wanted Federer to win too so I was happy with the outcome.

The _best_ bit though was that Federer wrapped it all up in time for me to quickly head out and meet some mates at the pub to watch the World Cup final. Stupid Italy!!!! That is all I will say about that one!
Oh yeah, and Zidane is 'da man' eh, that was awesome. The papers here are full of articles and sworn testimonies about what has been said. Of course, 'expert lip readers' and all sorts of people have been brought in to try to work it out too. I laughed at a few of the emails I got too, cheers Mel and Chaddy...
So time to go to sleep for me. I do plan to try and put more stuff from my trip around Germany etc, but that will have to wait for now.
Cyas later.
Anka
So enough complaining. Life isn't all bad, because on Sunday I headed in to Wimbledon! It was pretty cool, and for some reason it was extra cheap this year on the final day. I got in for 5 quid... bargain!! (compared to 13 quid earlier in the week). That ticket only got me onto the outside courts, so I wasn't going to see any of the big matches in person, but it's still cool.

The actual complex is really awesome with the outside courts actually being VERY tiny. There's like the tennis court itself, then next to it a path about 8 people wide, with benches along the sides. So literally when people are playing, you are standing _right_ next to them. I was lucky enough to rock up at the time when both Federer and Nadal were warming up, so I scored a real close look. Nadal is pretty big for a tennis player, really well muscled (check the guns out) and solid. In contrast, Federer is much more wiry and seems to move more gracefully around court.


So after the hit out, they started official play for the day. The Wheelchair Tennis Doubles Finals were on, and they were cool. Although the players get two bounces of the ball, everything else is that same and they can still do all the techy backhands and forehands etc. They seem to bend their elbow almost the wrong way sometimes to do it. It was a lot of fun and you could see they were having an awesome time playing out there.


All that was then left was to climb Henman Hill, stake out a spot at the very top and watch Federer and Nadal 'have at it' on the big screen. The Hill is a great atmosphere and enjoyed it a lot. I wanted Federer to win too so I was happy with the outcome.

The _best_ bit though was that Federer wrapped it all up in time for me to quickly head out and meet some mates at the pub to watch the World Cup final. Stupid Italy!!!! That is all I will say about that one!
Oh yeah, and Zidane is 'da man' eh, that was awesome. The papers here are full of articles and sworn testimonies about what has been said. Of course, 'expert lip readers' and all sorts of people have been brought in to try to work it out too. I laughed at a few of the emails I got too, cheers Mel and Chaddy...
So time to go to sleep for me. I do plan to try and put more stuff from my trip around Germany etc, but that will have to wait for now.
Cyas later.
Anka

1 Comments:
Wimbledon sounds great hope to see more pictures soon
Post a Comment
<< Home