YAY!
Awesome! It seems that I've scored meself a job!
It's been a bit of a bumpy road but it looks like I'm there. I haven't actually signed the contract, but I've had the 'offer' from the company. Apparently that's basically the green light (according to the recruiter).
The company is called InterPublic Group and they are a massive conglomerate of PR and Advertising agencies (third biggest in the world or something). All of their offices around Europe are moving to centralised services, so I think I'm going to be a leader of a team of a few techs (there's 3-4 teams being 'built' for this work) which travel around doing the upgrades. Hopefully this means that I get paid to see other cities! Of course, it's stacks of work, so it's not exactly going to be me swanning around various cities punching in a few commands on a laptop, but hell, apparently there is some time where you can 'play' if the work is done. It's also lots of weekend work, so my week is now basically Thurs-Mon, with traditional weekends spent in other places.
It ended up being two interviews, with the first (last Friday) being really awesome and easy. They were so positive that waiting all weekend for news was difficult as they gave me the impression they wanted me to start right away. Paul helped me pass time in a few pubs with the sun setting over the Thames, tough stuff.....
Finally on Monday the recruiter told me that I needed a second interview today (Tuesday). Todays interview was REALLY strange, with the questions being asked almost as if I was applying for a different position. I think that they were just trying to work out exactly what I could and couldn't do so they knew how to best use me. I walked out unsure as to whether they really were gong to offer it to me.
Regardless, it's taken all day (and a lot of stress from me) but I've got the 'official' email (according to the recruiter) to say that I start on Wed 26th July at 10am. Suh-weet! It gives me a bit of time to see some of London, as I know I'll be intensely busy straight away.
If you can excuse me now, I'm off to the pub :)
It's been a bit of a bumpy road but it looks like I'm there. I haven't actually signed the contract, but I've had the 'offer' from the company. Apparently that's basically the green light (according to the recruiter).
The company is called InterPublic Group and they are a massive conglomerate of PR and Advertising agencies (third biggest in the world or something). All of their offices around Europe are moving to centralised services, so I think I'm going to be a leader of a team of a few techs (there's 3-4 teams being 'built' for this work) which travel around doing the upgrades. Hopefully this means that I get paid to see other cities! Of course, it's stacks of work, so it's not exactly going to be me swanning around various cities punching in a few commands on a laptop, but hell, apparently there is some time where you can 'play' if the work is done. It's also lots of weekend work, so my week is now basically Thurs-Mon, with traditional weekends spent in other places.
It ended up being two interviews, with the first (last Friday) being really awesome and easy. They were so positive that waiting all weekend for news was difficult as they gave me the impression they wanted me to start right away. Paul helped me pass time in a few pubs with the sun setting over the Thames, tough stuff.....
Finally on Monday the recruiter told me that I needed a second interview today (Tuesday). Todays interview was REALLY strange, with the questions being asked almost as if I was applying for a different position. I think that they were just trying to work out exactly what I could and couldn't do so they knew how to best use me. I walked out unsure as to whether they really were gong to offer it to me.
Regardless, it's taken all day (and a lot of stress from me) but I've got the 'official' email (according to the recruiter) to say that I start on Wed 26th July at 10am. Suh-weet! It gives me a bit of time to see some of London, as I know I'll be intensely busy straight away.
If you can excuse me now, I'm off to the pub :)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home