Marrakech - Lany's mum's 50th
Hi everyone,
Although we went back to Marrakech for Lany's mum's birthday last month, I didn't really take any photos and have only just got some off her parents to put up. It has been a while since we've been back, so we were both really looking forward to it. Unfortunately I couldn't stay too long this time because work was pretty manic, but Lany was able to stay for almost a week and a half which has been the longest time she's had back in years. Needless to say, she really needed that time to go home and relax again, she came back very well rested.




While we were there, we really didn't do anything other than sleep, relax by (and in) the pool and eat MASSIVE amounts of food. Usually I'm the one who tries to pack lots of stuff into holidays, but this time I needed the break too. Lany also had a good excuse to rest because she had to get a wisdom tooth extracted while there. She was really lucky because it was a difficult extraction, but their family friend is a dentist and along with a friend of hers, they did an amazing job. They cut the tooth into three pieces and took them out individually, stitched her up and then within three days she was basically fine - really amazing.


Marrakech is changing amazingly fast - even when I go there I see things that are new every time. Lany's parent's house in Tahanaout (just outside Marrkech) is really coming along nicely as the gardens are now established and they've planted out the orchards and vegies patches. The day we arrived Lany's aunt had taken her mum to a spa for a day of luxury. Upon their return, they showed a card of the place, and I swear, it looked just like backyard of the house!! (with a little more grass etc, and older trees, but basically it was the same). Their place really is a little piece of paradise.




Anyway, I've got three more weeks of work before we are off to America so I'm just hanging on. Work has been busy these last few weeks and I need the time away. Oh, we also had Lany's parents here for 10 days (they went home last week) and it's been great showing them around London. They seemed to really enjoy it, particularly eating all the different types of food etc and going to the markets. All in all, it's been a busy few weeks - bring on the US!



Anka
Although we went back to Marrakech for Lany's mum's birthday last month, I didn't really take any photos and have only just got some off her parents to put up. It has been a while since we've been back, so we were both really looking forward to it. Unfortunately I couldn't stay too long this time because work was pretty manic, but Lany was able to stay for almost a week and a half which has been the longest time she's had back in years. Needless to say, she really needed that time to go home and relax again, she came back very well rested.




While we were there, we really didn't do anything other than sleep, relax by (and in) the pool and eat MASSIVE amounts of food. Usually I'm the one who tries to pack lots of stuff into holidays, but this time I needed the break too. Lany also had a good excuse to rest because she had to get a wisdom tooth extracted while there. She was really lucky because it was a difficult extraction, but their family friend is a dentist and along with a friend of hers, they did an amazing job. They cut the tooth into three pieces and took them out individually, stitched her up and then within three days she was basically fine - really amazing.


Marrakech is changing amazingly fast - even when I go there I see things that are new every time. Lany's parent's house in Tahanaout (just outside Marrkech) is really coming along nicely as the gardens are now established and they've planted out the orchards and vegies patches. The day we arrived Lany's aunt had taken her mum to a spa for a day of luxury. Upon their return, they showed a card of the place, and I swear, it looked just like backyard of the house!! (with a little more grass etc, and older trees, but basically it was the same). Their place really is a little piece of paradise.


Anyway, I've got three more weeks of work before we are off to America so I'm just hanging on. Work has been busy these last few weeks and I need the time away. Oh, we also had Lany's parents here for 10 days (they went home last week) and it's been great showing them around London. They seemed to really enjoy it, particularly eating all the different types of food etc and going to the markets. All in all, it's been a busy few weeks - bring on the US!
Anka

1 Comments:
Nice resizing of the pics, asshat!
Post a Comment
<< Home