US-Style Meat Heaven
Hi everyone, long time.....
I'm trying to resurrect my blog because if I don't write things down, I'm going to forget it all! After getting back to UK from a awesome Aussie vacation, things have been a little depressing.. but London redeemed itself this weekend because of an awesome temporary resaurant called 'The Meat Wagon'.
Basically a guy was running a street food wagon - hence the name 'The Meat Wagon' - which got stolen, and because they don't have insurance, they needed some way to make some money to replace it. A pub mid-way through renovations offered their second floor to the guy, so he's started a temporary restaurant. You literally walk through the construction-site-ground-floor to get to the stairs upstairs - you wouldn't know it was there unless you were told... It's cheap and cheerful, but it is THE BEST US-style food I've had in London....
Between my brother, Lany and myself we ate 1 chilli dog, 1 philli steak, 1 server of buffalo wings, 2 serves of onion rings (they are the BEST), 1 cheeseburger, 1 server of chilli fries, 1 chilli burger and had some beers. Here's the photos....




It was awesome, I ate a huge amount (more than my share0 and am still loving it.... The restaurant will be moving on the 16th April, so hopefulyl they'll move somewhere a little closer to us, but we'll definitely go again.
I'm going to have to learn how to make that style of chilli....
(fatter) Anka
I'm trying to resurrect my blog because if I don't write things down, I'm going to forget it all! After getting back to UK from a awesome Aussie vacation, things have been a little depressing.. but London redeemed itself this weekend because of an awesome temporary resaurant called 'The Meat Wagon'.
Basically a guy was running a street food wagon - hence the name 'The Meat Wagon' - which got stolen, and because they don't have insurance, they needed some way to make some money to replace it. A pub mid-way through renovations offered their second floor to the guy, so he's started a temporary restaurant. You literally walk through the construction-site-ground-floor to get to the stairs upstairs - you wouldn't know it was there unless you were told... It's cheap and cheerful, but it is THE BEST US-style food I've had in London....
Between my brother, Lany and myself we ate 1 chilli dog, 1 philli steak, 1 server of buffalo wings, 2 serves of onion rings (they are the BEST), 1 cheeseburger, 1 server of chilli fries, 1 chilli burger and had some beers. Here's the photos....
It was awesome, I ate a huge amount (more than my share0 and am still loving it.... The restaurant will be moving on the 16th April, so hopefulyl they'll move somewhere a little closer to us, but we'll definitely go again.
I'm going to have to learn how to make that style of chilli....
(fatter) Anka

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home