Friday, September 04, 2009

Notting Hill Carnival

Hi Everyone,

It's the eve before I'm on a plane to America!!!!! So can't wait! It will be a completely new trip for me, and contrary to most of the trips we plan, this one we haven't organised half of it. We've got a car, and five days to get from San Francisco to Los Angeles for the flight home.... Prior to that we're landing in LA (2 days there), then going to Las Vegas (including heading to the Grand Canyon), and then flying to San Francisco for 4 days (before taking the car).

Anyway, as I'm cleaning off my camera I thought I'd put up a few pictures from last weekend's Notting Hill Carnival. I didn't know much about it but went along with some friends and really enjoyed it! It has a street parade of sound trucks and floats which go around a roughly square route. The streets in the middle of the square have lots of sound stages set up (with huge speakers everywhere), food stalls everywhere and pubs/cafes set up in the middle of the road etc doing 'events'.

I got there early in the morning (about 11) and it was pretty clear on the streets, but by 1pm people started to flood in and by 2pm it was rammed. The floats go from 11am all day, but the est ones were going around at about 2:30-3pm, after which things seemed to slow again. From there on people cram in more and more and drink more and more, so by about 6pm it's just a massive street party. I didn't hang around too much after 6, but apparently there's some floats going around at night (though I didn't see anything after 5ish).

I don't have to time to say too much, it was loud, packed, colourful with some massive costumes - great fun!!!. Oh, of course I got some jerk chicken which rocked, and we had a few beers while watching the floats go past.

Yes, there was a float with naked ladies...... Carnival!!!

Anka

1 Comments:

Blogger Damo said...

BOOBIES!

1:29 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home