Happy New Year all!
Happy New Year to everyone from Quebec Canada. It's about -8 degrees Celsius here and we're all absolutely knackered from a day of snowboarding and skiing.. but we made it to the new year..
Today was a really amazing day because I actually tried something I've never done before - skiing! I'm getting pretty comfortable on a snowboard now and am starting to do small jumps and things down the mountain.. it's great. For a bit of a change this afternoon I switched over to ski's and got some tuition from Jo (a friend of Brett and Michelle's who's ski'ed and boarded since she was a kid). After an hour or so on the practice slope Jo suddenly says, "ok, lets go on a run". I felt ok on the practice slope.. but to go on a run....?!?! That was a little freaky.
I made it down the first run without major incident and was pretty damn happy with it! I'm far from being graceful or in any way looking cool, but hell, I can at least get from top to bottom. We then went on a second run on a slightly harder run but because there was a lot of ice, it was a lot harder. But still, I managed it down with only one stack - even if it was one I manufactured by deliberately trying to just hoon down the hill (despite the fact I kinda knew I couldn't handle the speed). But the stack wasn't too bad, I wasn't hurt and just pushed on.
So there it is, a new year and a day of trying to ski... both good things!
I hope the new year brings peace and prosperity to all. I'll talk to everyone soon.
Anka
Today was a really amazing day because I actually tried something I've never done before - skiing! I'm getting pretty comfortable on a snowboard now and am starting to do small jumps and things down the mountain.. it's great. For a bit of a change this afternoon I switched over to ski's and got some tuition from Jo (a friend of Brett and Michelle's who's ski'ed and boarded since she was a kid). After an hour or so on the practice slope Jo suddenly says, "ok, lets go on a run". I felt ok on the practice slope.. but to go on a run....?!?! That was a little freaky.
I made it down the first run without major incident and was pretty damn happy with it! I'm far from being graceful or in any way looking cool, but hell, I can at least get from top to bottom. We then went on a second run on a slightly harder run but because there was a lot of ice, it was a lot harder. But still, I managed it down with only one stack - even if it was one I manufactured by deliberately trying to just hoon down the hill (despite the fact I kinda knew I couldn't handle the speed). But the stack wasn't too bad, I wasn't hurt and just pushed on.
So there it is, a new year and a day of trying to ski... both good things!
I hope the new year brings peace and prosperity to all. I'll talk to everyone soon.
Anka

1 Comments:
Happy new year Anka!!!
Skiing is better than boarding.
Cheers
Gumi
Post a Comment
<< Home