Monday, October 23, 2006

Madame Tussauds

Hi guys,

One quick little blog post to put up now that I've got all my photos in order.

In the final few days of Mellissa's time in London, she decided to head to Madame Tussauds. I hadn't been there before so one day I ducked out of work early and met her. As it was a Tuesday afternoon and from the looks of things around town, the main tourist season is definitely over, there wasn't much of a queue. I have heard of people waiting HOURS to get into the place in peak season. Lucky us...

The entry etc is fairly inauspicious, however the first wax figure we laid our eyes on -Tom Jones - just blew me away. I've seen the figures on tv and other people have talked about them, but the realistic way they are posed, the fact that their skin has small blemishes, their hair, beards etc all make them look totally realistically freaky. Some have such realistic eyes that you swear they are looking at you and about to spring to life!

(High pitched voice: "I believe in a thing called LOOOOVE!")

The most intersting part for me was to walk around and stand next to all of them. As they are all lifesize, it's cool to see all of these famous people up close and to guage what they'd be in real life. Most actors are short! Tom Cruise, Mel Gibson, Pierce Brosnan are all pretty short, Robin Williams in a midget. Being a guy, it's also a great opportunity to go and stand next to all the chick to see if they are taller than you, or the size of their boobs, or in J-Lo's case, wonder why it looks like some massive bee stung her on the ass! Some surprises were the height of Becks and Posh (she's pretty tall), the boob size of Jessica Simpson compared to her stature (big boobs, small chick), while Sarah Michelle Geller is TINY!, so is Kylie and Angelia Jole.


But yeah, there are some pretty damn impressive people too. Arnie is massive, so is The Rock. Johnny Depp as Jack Sparrow just looks totally sweet and lifelike, unfortunately Kira Knightly looked really weird. There's also not just figures of celebs and the like. Famous people from history are immortalised such as Ghandi, Hitler and the Royal family (both Prince Harry and Prince William are tall too), sports people such as Johnny Wilkinson, Pele and Alan Shearer are there, Elvis, Oprah Winfrey, Michael Jackson and even Pope John Paul II. One part of the tour involves a small 'car' ride (little car things run on a track) that takes you through a montage of British history.

Overall, I'd say that it was worth the 25ish quid to get in. It's the kind of place though that is as much fun as you want it to be, that means that if you go in there and goof off a little, take some funny photos with all of the models and have a laugh, it's a great time.

Oh yeah, another part of the tour includes entry into a creepy torture chamber type maze thing. As you walk around there are dummies and things of peope being tortured, or examples of famous criminals, but also live actors covered in bandages and making strange noises run around and jump out of corners or from behind things and scare you. The first one that jumped out at Miss scared her SO badly she screamed and let out a very loud profanity. I pissed myself and I think the actor/actress was a little taken aback! (bloody hilarious).

While this figure was one of the coolest ones in there (right Ski?):

Clearly the best figure is the one below. I'd do anything for Indiana!!! (that includes looking like a tool!)


Later guys, take a look at all the photos in my gallery as Miss and I ended up taking a photo of just about every figure in the place.

Anka

(Oh yeah, and if I've misspelt celebrities names, stuffit!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home