Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Fuerzabruta

Wow! Last night after work I went to a performance of Fuerzabruta. It's performed in a building called the Roundhouse, which was once an old Grain Silo or something which has been renovated in the last year. Fuerzabruta is a mix of some cool (almost dance) music, lighting, acrobatics, water ballet and artistic running and dancing. One dude runs a lot on a big treadmill and stuff kinda passes him by, it's very arty(and the treadmill is not a wheel or anything, it's a big flat track, like the ones at gyms but bigger). You stand watch the performance and get herded around during it as things happen in different locations and stuff is brought out or taken away, so it's also very involved.

Overall, it's awesome! It also justifies why London is awesome.... because stuff like that is just available all around the city on any night. It's not expensive either!

But yeah, for anyone who is thinking of seeing it, I'll just go into a little detail of the big drawcard. It involves semi-naked chicks, water and clear plastic. (All the guys are suddenly REAL interested eh!). Half way-ish through the performance a huge clear plastic trampoline type 'mat' descends from the ceiling (it covers the whole crowd). On the mat is chick in a few skimpy clothes. They spray a bit of water onto the mat so that it pools in the dent created by the weight of the chick. By moving around and jumping, running etc she can make the water move and follow her, and take on different looks and patterns. It's all dimly lit so the water reflection enhances the light/shadow effects of the patterns.

Ok, so then more chicks get on, and more water gets put on, and they basically start sliding around all over the place. Their clothes get soaked through, and the guys pay very close attention. The whole thing get progressively more intense and they slide around, making patterns with the water but also seeming to try and break through the barrier to reach the crowd. The cool thing is that the whole mat descends to the point where you can touch it (and therefore the performers on the other side) as well as tilting a bit to make them and the water all slide around. They kind of touch peoples hands, smile, wave, do arty dance moves.. stuff like that. Then it all rises to the roof and the final 'running man' segment (dude on a huge treadmill) commences with some awesomely earth shattering music. I won't spoil the ending for people. I hope this pic gives you some idea of what it looks like (I nicked it from their site), and it's no where near that bright in there (must have been a flash photo).

So yeah, a few beers were had after the show before I headed home and barely made the last tube :)

Today I did some work from home, but in reality spent ages sorting out my trip to Oktoberfest. It should all be sorted now though so that's cool. I'm also starting to dream about lobbing tomatoes at anything that moves... that's gonna be awesome and it totally satisfies the destructive side in me. I'm gonna find the unripe (hard) ones and peg them at CK's head!

Oh yeah, and a strange thing happened today. Half a house fell down!?! The back bit of it just collapsed. They're doing roadworks here and they ripped everything up today, so I hope that didn't contribute or I can smell a law suit. I took a photo of it, but wasn't sure if it was bad taste (I mean, someone has probably just lost half their worldly possessions in a pile up rubble). Oh yeah, and apparently they could smell gas, so it was rumoured that we'd all be evacuated.

I'm in London for another migration this week so hopefully it goes better than the last one and I can go out on Sat night with Claire (my cousin for those of you who don't know her). Tony and Irene (Claire's parents) arrive on Sunday morning, so there will finally be more people in this house again as for the last week and a half it's been only me and David (and I'm never here!)

Later

Anka

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're going to throw tomatoes at CK's head? Can you pick an easier target?? HEHEH sorry CK. (: Glad everythings going well. Luv Jodes.

2:55 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home