Workin' Amsterdam
Hey all! Well I've now been working for officially 4 days and I'm knackered! Technically I should be working right now, but as all my stuff is ahead of schedule, I feel that I can take a little bit of a break. Last night we worked from 9am to 1am so that was a little tough to handle.. today we've been working for about... 9 hours so far.. so not so bad.
But hell, if you are going to work like a dog, at least make them pay for it!!! On Thursday when we flew over here we were put in business class. It sounds like it should be some adventure, but nah, it's the same seats (on the small planes) just a little better food. Unfortunately there was a huge thunderstorm (lightning etc) RIGHT over Heathrow when we wanted to leave. This meant that we had to sit on the tarmac for over an hour waiting for it to clear up. Even then, it was pretty turbulent in the air and not a nice flight.
Once in Amsterdam, we headed straight for our hotel (it's massive by the way and REAL nice) where I was stunned by the size of my bed! Seriously, it takes 3 pillows to fit across it! Anyway, the other adavantage of the hotel is that it's right next to a section of Amsterdam that is very famous. I'm sure many of you will know this picture.

We headed straight into this 'district' to get a beer and look around, and we certainly weren't disappointed. Aside from the obvious attractions, there's stacks of people walking around and nice bars all over the place. We wasted some company money playing pool and drinking a few beers just to pass time. After a walk around though, we headed back pretty early so that we would be right for our first 'big' day in the Amsterdam office. If you guys still haven't worked out my clues, here's a blindingly obvious picture.

It's Saturday night though and I'm hoping that we can get out of here early enough to get some more beers in town. Fingers crossed and all that. I'll write some more soon.... The two guys that I'm here with from work are good value and we're getting along just fine. Thankfully, they're not actually very geeky at all!
Anka
But hell, if you are going to work like a dog, at least make them pay for it!!! On Thursday when we flew over here we were put in business class. It sounds like it should be some adventure, but nah, it's the same seats (on the small planes) just a little better food. Unfortunately there was a huge thunderstorm (lightning etc) RIGHT over Heathrow when we wanted to leave. This meant that we had to sit on the tarmac for over an hour waiting for it to clear up. Even then, it was pretty turbulent in the air and not a nice flight.
Once in Amsterdam, we headed straight for our hotel (it's massive by the way and REAL nice) where I was stunned by the size of my bed! Seriously, it takes 3 pillows to fit across it! Anyway, the other adavantage of the hotel is that it's right next to a section of Amsterdam that is very famous. I'm sure many of you will know this picture.

We headed straight into this 'district' to get a beer and look around, and we certainly weren't disappointed. Aside from the obvious attractions, there's stacks of people walking around and nice bars all over the place. We wasted some company money playing pool and drinking a few beers just to pass time. After a walk around though, we headed back pretty early so that we would be right for our first 'big' day in the Amsterdam office. If you guys still haven't worked out my clues, here's a blindingly obvious picture.

It's Saturday night though and I'm hoping that we can get out of here early enough to get some more beers in town. Fingers crossed and all that. I'll write some more soon.... The two guys that I'm here with from work are good value and we're getting along just fine. Thankfully, they're not actually very geeky at all!
Anka

1 Comments:
Just wanted to say hi, and to keep the pics coming. UK sounds like fun!!! Not sure when Alastair and I will be heading over. I'm starting a new job in the next couple of weeks (in Canberra) so that sorta puts a dint in UK plans.
Cheers!
Ruth
Post a Comment
<< Home