Not a lot....
There hasn't been a lot happening for me in the last week so maybe this post won't be terribly exciting to read. At the moment I'm working every day until quite late at night, so the odd times I have made it out have been for a beer or bit of dinner after work. Tony and Irene arrived over the weekend though and Jen and the boys came back from Poland so once again the house is full of noise and laughter (its really nice to come home to).
The migration over the last weekend was done in an office in Soho. This area of London is full of fantastic clubs, pubs, cafe's, restaurants and a whole slew of gay people. This meant that even though we were working quite late each night, we could duck out and get some food at any odd hour. The nightlife is fantastic with people running around until the wee hours of the morning and plenty of crazy fashions to see.
Unfortunately the migration itself didn't go totally smoothly so even today we were still trying to finish off a couple of small niggling issues. It meant we had to work on our 'weekend' once again and now are really unprepared for our trip to Spain.
Spain! Well there's the light at the end of my weekly tunnel. At this stage it looks like I'll be flying out tomorrow so we can kick off the migration early Friday morning. We are hoping that we can power through things so that we can take some time off on the Sunday to have a look around. Although the migration is scheduled to finish on Monday, work is paying for us to hang around for the rest of the week to do site visits (i.e. we go check out sites for planned future migrations). We'd hoped to have two days off in Madrid, but at this stage it doesn't look like it's going to happen.
But then the good stuff starts. On that Friday we head down from Madrid to a small town near Alacante (I think that's the right spelling). One of the guys has a family beach house near there so we've got a few days of relaxing in that area. I can't wait to lie on a beach again and hopefully soak up some sunshine. It has been quite dreary here for the last week with grey clouds and rain.
After the beach-stay I head back up to Valencia for one more day of work on the Tuesday (well I hope, it might be scheduled for Friday.. grr!). Then after a good nights sleep, Wednesday is La Tomatina!!!! Now that is what I'm really hanging out for. It's gonna be awesome! The only problem I have is that I don't know how I can possibly get photo's etc of it. I can't take a camera because it'll get wet and trashed, but similarly I don't know if we can stash a change of clothes etc anywhere nearby or take pictures after. Hopefully something will come up for us and I'm trying to McGyver up a solution out of some plastic bags, aspirin, a paperclip and gaffa tape (spot the quote - "don't thank me, thank the Earth's gravitational pull"). I'll let you know how that goes.
After the 'great-tomato-chuck' I will spend a couple more days in Spain in a resort house with CK and his mates before heading back to London on the weekend for a cocktail party. So yeah, lots coming up and hopefully there will be stacks to talk about in the next post. I will really try to get some photo's of the Tomatina stuff... I'll be like swimming in napoletana sauce! :)
Bye
Anka
The migration over the last weekend was done in an office in Soho. This area of London is full of fantastic clubs, pubs, cafe's, restaurants and a whole slew of gay people. This meant that even though we were working quite late each night, we could duck out and get some food at any odd hour. The nightlife is fantastic with people running around until the wee hours of the morning and plenty of crazy fashions to see.
Unfortunately the migration itself didn't go totally smoothly so even today we were still trying to finish off a couple of small niggling issues. It meant we had to work on our 'weekend' once again and now are really unprepared for our trip to Spain.
Spain! Well there's the light at the end of my weekly tunnel. At this stage it looks like I'll be flying out tomorrow so we can kick off the migration early Friday morning. We are hoping that we can power through things so that we can take some time off on the Sunday to have a look around. Although the migration is scheduled to finish on Monday, work is paying for us to hang around for the rest of the week to do site visits (i.e. we go check out sites for planned future migrations). We'd hoped to have two days off in Madrid, but at this stage it doesn't look like it's going to happen.
But then the good stuff starts. On that Friday we head down from Madrid to a small town near Alacante (I think that's the right spelling). One of the guys has a family beach house near there so we've got a few days of relaxing in that area. I can't wait to lie on a beach again and hopefully soak up some sunshine. It has been quite dreary here for the last week with grey clouds and rain.
After the beach-stay I head back up to Valencia for one more day of work on the Tuesday (well I hope, it might be scheduled for Friday.. grr!). Then after a good nights sleep, Wednesday is La Tomatina!!!! Now that is what I'm really hanging out for. It's gonna be awesome! The only problem I have is that I don't know how I can possibly get photo's etc of it. I can't take a camera because it'll get wet and trashed, but similarly I don't know if we can stash a change of clothes etc anywhere nearby or take pictures after. Hopefully something will come up for us and I'm trying to McGyver up a solution out of some plastic bags, aspirin, a paperclip and gaffa tape (spot the quote - "don't thank me, thank the Earth's gravitational pull"). I'll let you know how that goes.
After the 'great-tomato-chuck' I will spend a couple more days in Spain in a resort house with CK and his mates before heading back to London on the weekend for a cocktail party. So yeah, lots coming up and hopefully there will be stacks to talk about in the next post. I will really try to get some photo's of the Tomatina stuff... I'll be like swimming in napoletana sauce! :)
Bye
Anka

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home